At Genco we are proud of our apprentice programme – we have numerous apprentices on site and one in our office. Each apprentice gains on the job experience, learning from our experienced team and giving them the ability to learn and to succeed.
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity for us to bring the next generation of our workforce in to the company. Our programme enables us to mould our apprentices to work to the highest standards, to instil a strong work ethic and to start on the path to fantastic career.
If you think this could be for you, here are the “must haves”:
- You must be over 18
- You must have GCSE Maths and English above Grade 4
- You must be willing to work away when required
- You must be willing to work nights when required
- You must be willing to work weekends when required
- You must have some work experience (doesn’t have to be in the electrical industry)
- You must be able to pass a practical test at interview stage
In return, you will:
- Be part of a great team
- Earn while you learn, working on a huge variety of projects and sites
- Gain a recognised qualification and other standard training to work on site
- Be paid a fair wage, typically above industry standards and with premium rates for all weekend work
- Get 21 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays,
- Be paid travel time at full rate
As you progress through the programme you will be given more responsibility in line with your abilities and understanding, preparing you for a career when you qualify.
If you’ve got what it takes to be the next Genco Apprentice, please get in touch.